All staff, governors and volunteers undergo enhanced DBS Disclosure check and references are taken up prior to interviewing for any new members of staff. All members of staff also complete a Childcare Disqualification Declaration.
VACANCY – SCHOOL OFFICE MANAGER
Catcott Primary School is seeking to appoint an Office Manager from September 2019. Candidates should have previous experience of working within a school environment. A comprehensive working knowledge of SIMS is essential. Some financial duties are included in this post.
Catcott Primary School is a 170 place primary school and has a ‘Good’ OFSTED rating (2018).
The position is for 35 hours per week i.e. Monday to Friday 08:30m to 4:00pm (with a 30 minute lunch break), term time only.
Salary grade 13 : £19554.00 per annum pro rata.
The successful candidate will be responsible for school administration and provide vital and effective support in the following key areas:
• Leadership of the school support team
• HR processes for recruitment and inductionprocedures
• Management of the accurate upkeep of staff and pupil records
• Management of pupil admissions arrangements
• Effective and accurate completion of compulsory returns to DFE, LAetc
• Management of DBS procedures and processes
• Management of communications with parents
• Management of Parentmail – to include Parents Evenings, Payment items and invoicing.
• Organisation of School trips – arranging transport & costings
• Making payments from Imprest (Petty Cash) account & obtaining VAT receipt
• Ad Hoc ordering as required in conjunction with Finance Officer - FMS
• Check deliveries
• Working with Headteacher to ensure cover for absent staff
• Arranging training requests from staff.
• Liaise with Headteacher/Caretaker regarding Property Maintenance & arranging repairs when required.
Please apply using theApplication for Employment with Somerset County Council forms.
Closing date: 7thJune 2019 – 12 Noon
Interviews: 19thJune 2019