Friday 12th November 2021
UPDATE: Covid Measures for Autumn Term 2
I am writing to inform you that our local Director of Public Health has risk assessed our school and community since we introduced the enhanced measures after half term. We continue to be in an ‘Amber Category’ which means that we will need to still apply some of the measures that we implemented straight after half term. On reviewing our procedures there will be some changes.
For the last two weeks we reduced the mixing of children inside school to individual year groups. This has since been reviewed and changes have been made to ‘Bubbles’ to allow children to have access to extra-curricular activities. Therefore, Reception, Year 1 & 2 will become a ‘Bubble’, Years 3 & 4 a ‘Bubble’ and Years 5 & 6 a ‘Bubble.’
After-school clubs will reconvene from Monday. However, some of these clubs have a mixture of children from different year groups in. Therefore, if you choose for your child to continue their club and I am informed of a positive Covid case within that group, you will be notified as a close contact.
What we will be doing as a school
1. We will not be holding whole school gatherings with mixed key stages until the end of November.
2. We will continue to enhance our cleaning routines.
3. We will keep spaces well ventilated; this may occasionally mean that your child will be invited to wear their coat indoors.
4. Promote social distancing and reduce crowding where possible; minimise pinch points in the school day.
5. Reinforce social distancing and good infection prevention control amongst staff.
6. NO SWIMMING FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS for Years 3 and 4 – we will continue swimming until Easter for these year groups due to the number of weeks they have missed with no additional costs to parents. Thank you for being so understanding.
What we need our families to do
1. Drop your child off at the main school gate between 08.50- 09.05 and not come onto the school site, this includes reception parents.
2. One parent per household to collect their child/ren where possible. Parents to enter via the main entrance gate and exit via the vehicle gate.
3. To limit your time on the school playground. A staggered end of the day between 15.15 and 15.30 will reduce parents and children congregating. We ask that you leave the school premises swiftly.
4. To limit the use of our breakfast club and afterschool club provision if you do not need to use it until the end of November.
If unwell stay at home. If negative for COVID individuals should still wait until 24 hours post fever to come back to school. Colds and other non-Covid symptoms are circulating but in the first instance cardinal symptoms should be treated as possible COVID and trigger isolation and testing. This is the case even if others in the class /group have tested negative for similar symptoms.
As a reminder, the main symptoms of coronavirus are (NHS website):
• A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
• A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
• A loss or change to your sense of smell and taste – this means you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms. However, it has been brought to our attention that some of our cases have started with sore throats and headaches. If your child is unwell then please keep them off school until they are well enough.
Thank you as always for your ongoing support.
Mrs Sharon Foxall